Sunday, November 22, 2015

At Flashbak: George Plimpton, Voice of Mattel's Intellivision


My second Flashbak contribution this week remembered the era of George Plimpton as spokesman for Mattel's Intellivision:

Here's a snippet and the url; (http://flashbak.com/george-plimpton-voice-mattels-intellivision-45868/ )

George Plimpton (1927-2003) was a Renaissance Man in the truest sense of that word. He was an accomplished athlete, a journalist, a literary critic, a musician and even, on occasion, a comedian.
But my generation probably remembers him best for his spell as TV pitch-man for Mattel’s Intellivision.


Starting in 1980, Plimpton appeared in a series of commercials for the brand new game system, Atari’s biggest rival, and his name became synonymous with Intellivision to Gen X kids.  He starred in nearly a dozen such commercials, and in the process compared Atari and Intellivision head-to-head, preached the value of “Intellivoice,” and even shot a commercial with E.T.’s buddy, Elliott (actor Henry Thomas)."

Continue reading at Flashbak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...