Monday, June 02, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities: Star Trek: The Next Generation


“…the problem I always had with Star Trek…and what Gene Roddenberry made very clear to me…which was sort of the final push for me to make a decision to leave was that there weren’t many multiple story lines ever going to be written in the show…They wanted a very defined look – it was going to be the Captain and whatever he had to engender in that episode and everyone else would kind of fill in…you know, first officer and Data, just like the original. Gene was sticking with that.”

-Denise Crosby, former cast member of Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987 – 1994) discusses her decision todepart in the first season, at Trekcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...