Monday, April 28, 2014

Television and Cinema Verities


"The idea for The Dark Crystal was that the entire film would be full of these characters and they would interact with each other on the real stage – and how many other puppeteers we would have to have to make them work would be what would be required. In most cases, of the big characters, it was three, sometimes four. When you had lots of big characters on the screen at the same time, like the scenes with the Skekses and the UrRu together, there were 14 characters on the stage – and that meant, like, 21 puppeteers hiding somewhere."

- Producer Gary Kurtz discusses the making of The Dark Crystal (1982) at IGN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...