Monday, December 16, 2013

Television and Cinema Verities #100


“At conventions, I am often introduced to second and third generations of Freddy fans as the stories and traditions of watching the Nightmare on Elm Street movies is handed down. Parents want to share something from their childhood with their kids, so they introduce them to Freddy.” 

- Robert Englund discusses his iconic role as Freddy, and how the Nightmare on Elm Street films endure, at Shock Till You Drop. 

I know he's right, because one of my son's favorite pretend toys is a Freddy glove, and Joel loves me to tell him the Freddy movie stories while I drive him to school in the mornings.  I look forward to the day we can watch the movies together.  Although I always have a hard time explaining how Jason beats Freddy in their movie smack-down.  Even at Joel's age, he knows Freddy would kick Jason's ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...